Real-Life Office Solutions
One of our clients worked at a hospital full-time and also had a part-time practice. When he left the hospital to pursue his practice full-time, he signed a form that created billing problems. We discovered through our follow-up techniques that the hospital had been paid for claims that our client should have been paid for through his part-time practice. We resolved this situation through our intense follow-up techniques, communication skills, and software capabilities.
Our communication skills and network contacts allowed us to reached the billing supervisor at the hospital, who informed us that she was aware of this problem and was working with the insurance companies to get it resolved.
Our state-of-the art software allowed us to print out a detailed report for the contact at the insurance company and we worked with her to get checks re-issued and redirected to our client.
One of our clients had technical difficulties, and we worked quickly to resolve the situation. We sent a technician out the next day to fix the problem, and he was able to work directly with our software vendor to get the situation resolved. We are able to send a technician to any of our clients’ facilities ASAP when necessary.
A physician’s office was having difficulties with their credits, so they hired us to do their billing. The former service could not correct this and was not communicating to the doctor about his accounts receivable. Furthermore, the former service was not picking up the work on a weekly basis.
We resolved this situation by analyzing the accounts receivable to find out why there were so many overpayments. We informed our client of the appropriate time to collect money at the front desk. We also directed our client to let us directly bill and communicate with the patient. In addition, we had our software vendor make sure that we were tagging the software properly, then we educated the physician’s staff in how the software should be tagged. We also researched and determined the best reports to run for accurate accounting results.
We were having problems with our electronic claims submissions. We resolved this situation by evaluating our software and equipment. When we could not resolve the issue in-house, we called our technicians and had our hardware problem solved within 1 hour. We then contacted Medicare and our other electronic vendors and explained the trouble we were having. They marked their records, so any duplicate claims that came through were noted as being the result of technical difficulties, and our clients were not penalized.